Real Estate Transactions
If you are buying or selling a home in beautiful Eastern Ontario – great places to live like Prescott, Brockville, Cornwall, Prescott, Smiths Falls, Kingston, and Ottawa – work with the experienced and friendly real estate lawyers of Laushway Law.
Buying a home may well be the largest purchase you will ever make. You want to be sure that you have a diligent and knowledgeable real estate law firm to handle the purchase, sale or refinance of your home.
Laushway Law will guide you through the purchase and sale process and ensure that the transaction is completed efficiently and effectively.
The typical steps in the purchase transaction for your new home include:
- Shopping for your home with a realtor or privately.
- Signing an Agreement of Purchase and Sale setting out the terms of the transaction and any conditions to be met prior to closing.
- Ensure you have sufficient financing in place to complete the transaction. Keep in mind closing costs such as mortgage insurance premiums, title insurance, land transfer tax, title search and lawyers fees.
- You and/or your realtor should ensure the Agreement of Purchase and Sale is sent to our office as soon as possible.
- We will review the Agreement and begin collecting the information necessary to prepare the closing documents.
- We will arrange to have the title to the property searched to ensure you are receiving title free and clear of any problems.
- In the weeks prior to closing we will contact you with details on the closing funds and to arrange an appointment with you to sign the documents.
- On the day of closing we do our best to ensure that things go smoothly to make your moving day less stressful.
- After closing we will send you a reporting letter with copies of all of the relevant documents.
Laushway Law and our predecessors have been assisting clients in Eastern Ontario for over 80 years. We know the community well and strive to keep you apprised of every step in the real estate transaction.